Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
I think that the piece people may be missing is that the distancing and masks are meant to reduce the rate, not to stop everyone from getting infected. My take is that it is eventually going to work its way through the entire population. Reducing the rate minimizes the demand on medical services so that some people who get it but might die if they can't get medical attention in a timely fashion may not die.

The wife and I bought 2 cubic yards of gravel last Friday and had it delivered on Tuesday. Nobody in the store that day nor the dump truck driver when he delivered the gravel were wearing masks. We went up and got some flag stone today. When we went in today, there was a sign on the door that stated, "Somebody turned us in for not wearing masks, so now everyone coming into the store has to have a mask". I shit you not. Emphasis mine.

The infection rate in our little burg is low- just under 700 cases, since the lock down, out 126k people, and something like 40 deaths. So, it isn't being taken all that seriously, IMO.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 3 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Alan V, Aroura

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Fireball - 07-12-2020, 12:05 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM