Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(07-04-2020, 05:04 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 03:12 PM)Dom Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 02:53 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I'm sure anguish is the desired reaction to the many many posts dramatizing how "The world is laughing at you, US! Hahaha!"  My reaction remains: I don't give a shit.  You ain't my daddy, I ain't needing your approval.  Ask yourself how you feel about Americans' opinion of your country and then try to imagine us feeling that way about your opinion.  Yearning for the approval of Canadians, Australians, etc etc seems a waste of time.

LOL! Yearning for approval? Most people just don't enjoy being the laughing stock of the entire world.

(07-04-2020, 04:05 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 02:53 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I'm sure anguish is the desired reaction to the many many posts dramatizing how "The world is laughing at you, US! Hahaha!"  My reaction remains: I don't give a shit.  You ain't my daddy, I ain't needing your approval.  Ask yourself how you feel about Americans' opinion of your country and then try to imagine us feeling that way about your opinion.  Yearning for the approval of Canadians, Australians, etc etc seems a waste of time.
What a "stereotype ignorant yankee" response.

Its not about pleasing the world. The world laughing at you is an indicator of how much you are damaging everything and everyone around you, but first and foremost how you are damging yourself. You arent living in a (global) vacuum.

Its your right to be an idiot and damage yourself and everyone else, you are entirely entitled to it....its just moronic, even more so when you are doubling down on it by thumping your chest and proudly proclaiming about how less of a shit you give about being corrected when doing idiotic mistakes.  Facepalm

By all means, keep ruining the US, or let the current administration and enablers behind the curtains keep doing it. Ultimately the world around you will stop giving shits too, once all relations are redefined and deals made.

Sorry it hurts so much that not everyone cares about your opinion of the US.  General respect is due to constructive criticism honestly and respectfully offered, but not much more than an eye roll is deserved for the endless "the world is laughing at you!" nonsense.

It's much bigger than laughs. No one will want to do business with us, because trump made the promises the US made worthless. Every 4 years there is a chance of another US president just ignoring deals. For some, like the Kurds, that's death. For others, it's just financial, not a good idea to deal with someone who behaves erratically.

So far all presidents have understood that, regardless of party or orientation. Until trump, who re-negged on dog knows what all. We better get off our collective asses and start producing all of our own shit and plunge back by 100 years or more. Our country is cooked. Financially, and there will be no good will towards us by other nations no matter what happens. We are a very small percentage of the world's population, and we will try to compete with all the rest of humans on this earth. I am sure glad I am old.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • M.Linoge, Mr Greene, julep

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dom - 07-04-2020, 05:31 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM