Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(06-21-2020, 07:46 AM)SYZ Wrote: US President Donald Trump says he ordered authorities to slow down the rate of coronavirus
testing because it was adding to the number of COVID-19 infections being recorded. Trump
described testing as a "double-edged sword", saying: "When you do testing to that extent
you're going to find more people
... You're going to find more cases, so I said to my people,
"slow the testing down please".

"They test and they test and we got tests—people don't know what's going on. We got tests,
'We got another one over here'."

But he said the "radical fake news" media had not given him credit for doing what he called
"a phenomenal job" responding to the outbreak.  "I saved hundreds of thousands of lives".

—ABC News Australia, 21 June.

I simply can't believe that a POTUS could be so lacking in simple logic and/or common sense!
Trump seems to be under the impression that if you don't test people—and perhaps discover
they're ill and/or asymptomatic—that the status of the pandemic is magically improved, or that
less people are affected.  This is nothing more than an offensive, cynical political move...but simply
typifies Trump's entire presidency.

He's still using terms such as "kung flu" virus and "Chinese virus" to refer to coronavirus.    Angry

Donald Trump is depressingly ignorant of basic facts. He thinks you can inject bleach to kill a virus. He thinks Finland is part of Russia (well, so does Russia) but that doesn't make it so. But more importantly, Trump's instinct is to lie. And THAT is the problem.

In a way, the problem is that Trump could not pass an 8th grade test of basic subjects. We have never had a President so unaware of basic knowledge. And I'm not even discussing his focus on being re-elected and benefiting financially daily at the expense of US foreign and domestic policy...
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Mr Greene, SYZ

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Cavebear - 06-21-2020, 08:01 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM