Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
The Golden State of California just issued an order that everybody must wear a mask while out in public. Apparently there are a few exceptions, like if you're exercising alone outdoors (that basically describes my life the last 3 months).
I'm happy they ordered mask-wearing but I'm also pissed off that they didn't order this way back in March.
I also think they're ordering masks instead of putting stay at home orders back in place. Much of the state (with a few exceptions) is pretty much open for business now except for sports and large gatherings like concerts and I don't think people are going to cooperate with another order to stay at home. Maybe the powers that be figure masks are the next best thing??

My work said they're going to reopen our offices on September 1 "at the earliest". Yet a number of my coworkers are operating with the belief that we're going to be all parading back into the office on precisely September 1. Lord, I hope not. When the time comes, I'm going to ask to work from home permanently with fingers crossed that they say yes. It was pretty dismal even before the pandemic working in a cubicle farm with loud and obnoxious coworkers who think everybody is as conservative-minded (putting it nicely) as they. Now I think of them as super-spreaders.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 10 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Dānu, Unsapien, Minimalist, Thumpalumpacus, c172, LastPoet, brewerb, Mr Greene, Dancefortwo, Dom

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Tres Leches - 06-19-2020, 12:27 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM