Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(06-17-2020, 10:13 AM)Vera Wrote: @SYZ When in an ill-conceived moment of mild boredom and nostalgia for people like Kim and Paleo and Unsapien, among others, I decided to come back for a bit, mostly to share things I thought interesting, I was stunned by how much the forum had changed. Gone were the days of intelligent, articulate posters like Girly and Kim, and Stark and many others; what it had devolved into was a bunch of people (not all by any means, but the loudest, and most empty-lifed, I guess), often well into their fifties and sixties, engaged in puerile bickering, picking up petty, meaningless fights, in both casual and serious threads, hurling insults until they got that most coveted thing, THE LAST WORD, even if it were, to quote a favourite, hurr-durr.

Someone actually tried to say something about this happening in the Floyd thread and was literally told to blow it out of his ass which, apparently, is perfectly okay and even smiled upon.

*This* has become the new level.

Oh, and disparaging a nonnative speaker of one’s own language is beyond pathetic and desperate.

3,2,1: Cue the next barrage of juvenile insults and struggle to get the last word.

We've always had both thoughtful posts and exchanges of insults.  You can ignore the people you think indulge in too much of the latter.   Sun
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Dānu, Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Alan V - 06-17-2020, 10:36 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM