Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(06-12-2020, 05:48 PM)LastPoet Wrote: I have one thing to ask my US friends (I have asked this to some shitheads in Portugal, different matters).

When are we, will be able to ignore those spreading malediction, what common folks want hear and educate them, not with insults, but with reason?

It is easy to call someone an idiot for believing sars 2 cov19 is made on lab, much more difficult is ta gain patience to explain why they are wrong, in a respectfull manner so they don't feel diminuished before the onslaught of reason. People go on the the defensive when attacked with insults. Thats my observations

Quote:In the first place, the only person who has brought up the past here is you.  The reason I suggested that you are not the best advocate for the position you recommend is because you're a flaming hypocrite, saying one thing and doing the opposite, instead of trying to reason with me, you instead try to shame me by making it personal by passing judgement on the options I highlighted by suggesting that shaming people was somehow "my path," despite my never having said that, and then not simply advising that your approach is better geared toward accomplishing some specific end, but passing judgement on me for "failing to understand" and see that the path described is not simply less effective, but wholly wrong in some unspecified way.  You're a bad advocate because, in addition to being an ass with shit for brains, your hypocrisy undermines your credibility.  Since you didn't get it the first time I'm forced to repeat myself in order to make one last vain attempt to penetrate that miles thick skull of yours:  I wasn't advocating one position or the other, so your opinion, whatever it is, doesn't address what I said in the slightest, and seems to be little more than an attempt to create a strawman you can argue against.  In that first post I advised one not to ignore that while it might have some downsides, the alternative approach was not without its virtues.  But you, being the dumbass that you are, completely ignored that warning and chose to represent the alternative as having no virtue whatsoever, anyway, without even bothering to address my point.  Instead all that you've offered is some lame anecdote about your experience with Bolsanaro supporters which is a total non sequitur and so doesn't at all argue effectively for your recommendation.

But by all means, carry on, Don Quixote!

I have taken the first post of mine above, it wasn't even directed at you, but you decided to engage me, It is all fine and good in your latest stream of consciousness, you want to pick a fight and I am not looking for that, I am way past that. You do you, let that hatred flow, I can feel it. Again, Tuga here, so I will refrain from opinion on US politics, it is your country, that you vote in. I only gave my idea that people voting for trump, should be engaged diferently.

And to your ignorance, Don Quixote was Spanish, I am Portuguese, so to better insult me, you could go with Gil Vicente, or Camões, oe Fernando Pessoa.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by LastPoet - 06-16-2020, 01:04 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM