Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(06-12-2020, 05:48 PM)LastPoet Wrote: I have one thing to ask my US friends (I have asked this to some shitheads in Portugal, different matters).

When are we, will be able to ignore those spreading malediction, what common folks want hear and educate them, not with insults, but with reason?

It is easy to call someone an idiot for believing sars 2 cov19 is made on lab, much more difficult is ta gain patience to explain why they are wrong, in a respectfull manner so they don't feel diminuished before the onslaught of reason. People go on the the defensive when attacked with insults. Thats my observations

There are two directions. Appealing to their values and self-interest is one. Making them feel bad so they are discouraged from the behavior is the second. Don't ignore the motivational power of shame, embarrassment, or just the plain withering receipt of a tongue lashing. It's making them aware that others disapprove. It moves little, but it does move.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • M.Linoge

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dānu - 06-12-2020, 05:55 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM