Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(06-09-2020, 09:20 PM)jerryg Wrote: It's crazy how seemlessly they went from "stay home or grandma dies" and "may be causing kawasaki disease in children" to 100,000 people shoulder to shoulder for hours on end for a couple weeks is not a problem.

I guess we're going to find out what the deal really was all along in the next couple weeks.

I've gone to two protest marches.  I'd say 99.9% of the protesters were wearing masks and those few not wearing masks were standing way off to the sides. Even the small children were wearing masks at the protests I attended and baby in the baby carriages had  plastic rain shields with air filters over their buggies..... as opposed to the idiots protesting at the state capital which wore none  because, poor little snotflakes, they don't give a shit about the anyone dying from this disease because they think it interferes with their "second amendments rights". 

Guess what, you trump assholes don't get to drive willy-nilly all over the streets. We have rules of the road that prevents deaths.  There are speed limits, stop signals, rules against drunk driving, safety belts, air bags, safety glass that prevent decapitations and none of these are considered anti-constitutional because the vast majority of civilized society wants to live in a world where people aren't inadvertently killing each other.
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • M.Linoge, Thumpalumpacus, Mr Greene, Deesse23

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dancefortwo - 06-09-2020, 09:50 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM