Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(05-24-2020, 12:50 AM)Mad Hatter Wrote: No mask for me. Although, I am more concerned about what nastiness the person's hands before mine left on the shopping cart I'm now pushing around the grocery store. I wear medical gloves when I go to the store. I'm careful about touching my face when I'm out. I use hand sanitizer and I wash my hands often. I take the same precautions with COVID as I would with any other strain of flu virus. I'm getting out and about and I'm going to take my chances and live my life.

Hand sanitizer and gloves are to protect yourself from the virus.  Good for you, using them.

Masks aren’t intended to protect you from other people.  They are to protect other people from you, in case you happen to have this virus and are a carrier or not yet showing symptoms.  

So deciding not to wear a mask, while taking those other actions, in my opinion is not a nice thing to do, because it increases the risks to those around you.  However, if you can’t be bothered, please at least try not to talk loudly or forcefully when you’re around people, because that’s one of the ways that the droplets containing the virus are energized and transmitted to the air spaces of those around you.   

It’s not just about protecting yourself, it’s about all of us protecting each other.
god, ugh
The following 2 users Like julep's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dom

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by julep - 05-24-2020, 09:45 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM