Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(05-23-2020, 02:48 PM)Vera Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 11:16 PM)Dom Wrote: See? Because there are little orange fingers in everything. Obama opened the US up to Cuba and normalized relations (much to the chagrin of the many Cubans living in Florida). Little orange fingers went and closed it again and reinstated sanctions.

You can't escape the little orange fingers. 

Cuba is a gorgeous country - Anthony Burdain did a show on Cuban food and customs after it was opened up, and the people were so gracious and hopeful. Cuba has excellent health care. It sorely needs some infrastructure and repair of those gorgeous old buildings. 

I hope relations are normalized again once the US government changes. And then we will cease to find orange fingers in every topic.

That said, who wrote this article?

True as that may be, I highly doubt little orange fingers were in the article as well  Whistling

It's a reuters article (and it appears to be a favourite phrase of this particular journalist) and they are usually ok (I guess it varies from journalist to journalist, because others have annoyed me with their thinly veiled insinuations before). It's just that I want the news and nothing but the news, I don't want any opinions, commentary or thinly veiled biases. I simply want to know that a plane crashed into a building in Pakistan and this and that happened, a super cyclone hit India, doing this and that damage and that's *all*. IF I want opinions and commentary, I'll look for them (even simply reading the news, without any commentary and bloviation has already done be a world of good).

When I was planning my last two trips I was seriously considering Cuba. The first time I chose Uruguay and Patagonia instead, and the second one it was Brazil (and we all know how well that turned out). I'd love to go one day (and still regret not going to Curacao after Brazil, like I was planning to). At least I got to know a nephew of Ibrahim Ferrer's in Rio, that's something I guess.

That is indeed annoying about Reuters. I do generally like and use them as a resource too and had not noticed that, but probably, living in the US, I am too used to ignoring all that BS and just look for facts anymore.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dom - 05-23-2020, 05:42 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM