Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
I quickly looked up the side effects online when the current squatter in the White House proudly announced he's taking hydroxycholoroquine. Was looking for cardiovascular events but didn't see that on the list, dang it.

Went to a big box store about a week ago and was surprised at how many other customers were not wearing masks and not staying minimum 6 feet away. I won't be going back there again. It's a shame because it's a store I often like to shop at.

My daughter's school district sent a survey to parents on what we would like the coming school year to look like. I'm certain the kids won't be going back to traditional classrooms in the fall. Or if they do, it will be a hybrid of traditional and online school.

I'm still working from home with no specific date in sight to return to the office. I'm not looking forward to going back to the office, even if there are new protocols like wearing masks, etc. Many of my coworkers are conservative and Trump-drunk and I'm picturing a scenario where they wear a mask when the boss is looking, then take it right off when they think no one is looking. None of the windows in our office can be opened, the air is stale, and people in the office including me sneeze all day, even before the plague started.
I've also heard some news stories about research on talking and respiratory droplets. Apparently, people who are talking loudly (or singing) emit more droplets. I've been stuck in the past working next to shouty coworkers who drone endlessly on about what they ate for dinner last Wednesday and what they bought on Amazon over the weekend and their home remodeling project... Having to put on noise-cancelling headphones to try and block them out is bad enough but now I apparently have to worry about sitting next to the shouting outbreak monkey... ugh.

And lastly, CONFESSION TIME... I went to a family gathering on Mother's Day. There were about 20 of us at a backyard BBQ. It was our usual crew that gathers for holidays, birthdays and any other event you can think of. There was karaoke (not me, though) and hugs (not me, again though, just elbow bumps). It was the first gathering of any size that I'd been to since the beginning of March. The lack of human connection these days is crushing me. But that night, I slept more soundly than I had in months.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 6 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, brewerb, Dānu, skyking, Unsapien, Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Tres Leches - 05-19-2020, 12:36 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM