Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(05-16-2020, 12:38 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 10:35 AM)Alan V Wrote:
Quote:The New York Times

On Tuesday, the U.S. government’s top experts warned that Covid-19 was by no means under control, and that premature easing of social distancing could have disastrous consequences. As far as I can tell, their view is shared by almost all epidemiologists.

But they were shouting into the wind. Clearly, the Trump administration and its allies have already decided that we’re going to reopen the economy, never mind what the experts say. And if the experts are right and this leads to a new surge in deaths, the response won’t be to reconsider the policy, it will be to deny the facts.

Indeed, virus trutherism — insisting that Covid-19 deaths are greatly exaggerated and may reflect a vast medical conspiracy — is already widespread on the right. We can expect to see much more of it in the months ahead.

At one level, this turn of events shouldn’t surprise us. The U.S. right long ago rejected evidence-based policy in favor of policy-based evidence — denying facts that might get in the way of a predetermined agenda. Fourteen years have passed since Stephen Colbert famously quipped that “reality has a well-known liberal bias.”

A virus doesn't give a shit about their little conspiracy theories. Let them act like everything's normal. They'll discover quickly enough the truth of the aphorism "man proposes, nature disposes".

Me, I'm keeping my head down, staying home in the country, and waiting for these twats to start dropping like flies. Here's hoping they don't kill all our medicos with their insanity.

Quote:virus trutherism — insisting that Covid-19 deaths are greatly exaggerated and may reflect a vast medical conspiracy

So thousands of medical people are working themselves into exhaustion just to put on a big conspiracy show?  And all the video of people sick in the hospital with ventalators are paid actors acting in a conspiracy program?  The morticians are paid to say they can't keep up with the deaths and the photos of unburied coffins are all fake.  The truck drivers who have driven ice trucks in NYC to keep the overflow of dead people are also paid?

People crying over their loved ones who have died from the virus are paid to do so?   

The Italian photo of an ice rink being used as a temporary morgue is fake so the Italian are in on the conspiracy too?  Boris Johnson was faking it when he was sick so the British are also in on the conspiracy?  The Spanish, the French, the Germans...all in on the conspiracy. 

I despise conspiracy brained idiots.  It's insidious. It's almost worse than the virus itself.  It's another version of sticking their heads in the sand so they don't have to deal with reality.
                                                         T4618
The following 6 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Alan V, M.Linoge, Thumpalumpacus, Fireball, brewerb, Paleophyte

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dancefortwo - 05-16-2020, 04:04 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM