Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(05-14-2020, 12:44 AM)Rainy_D Wrote: Deaths from these places alone have accounted for 68.6 percent of all deaths in the state as of Tuesday, according to state data.

I could not find the date the well connected politico moved her/his mother from nursing home to hotel.  Most people placed in 'nursing home' care are due to the inability to care for ones self.  So as the numbers came in, Penns Health Director saved her mom from perceived risk but did NOTHING to protect the other moms and dads who were at the same risk.

As a matter of interest, I checked the data on nursing home deaths in Pennsylvania...

The state health department reported at least 12,408 cases of COVID-19 among residents of long-term care
facilities—as well as 1,806 among employees—as of May 13. At least 2,705 people at these facilities have died.

We have a similar issue in Australia with nursing home deaths occurring at much higher pro rata numbers than
does the general population.  But it has nothing to do with politics, either here or in the US.  I know that you're
a rabid Republican supporter—it's pretty obvious from your generous comments about Trump—but to blame a
Democratic state governor for these deaths is ludicrous.  If Pennsylvania was a Republican state, the death toll
would be exactly the same in all likelihood.

If you do your research, you'll find several Republican states with nursing home percentage death rates similar
to that of Pennsylvania.  And even more pointedly, if you want to lay blame for this nursing home medical fiasco,
look no further than the incompetency, arrogance, unawareness and injudiciousness of your buffoon President.

Also, just like Dr. Rachel Levine, any accredited relative or friend of an elderly person can remove them from a
nursing home at any time for whatever reason as long as it's an advantageous decision for the elderly person.

You really need to get that major anti-Democratic chip off your shoulder mate, as it seems to have overtaken
your senses of logic and reasoning.  Both Republican state governments and Democratic ones make legislative
mistakes at times so it's pointless to single out Pennsylvanian nursing homes alone for any purported malpractice.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Fireball, Alan V, Dancefortwo

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by SYZ - 05-14-2020, 09:49 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM