Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(05-13-2020, 02:26 PM)brewerb Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 12:30 PM)SYZ Wrote: ... in Australia, the general public don't wear masks because they're unnecessary
outside of a clinical setting.  Our low virus transmission rates prove that, particularly
when compared with the American and European experience.

Hmm....: "Australian experts say while face masks are not 100 per cent effective in protecting against the coronavirus, they can still be of use as lockdown measures ease."

True, as reported by University of New South Wales Professor of Epidemiology Mary-Louise McLaws. She
also said "she is not in favour of universal mask use, but said they could be useful in some settings
as Australians prepare for a return to normal life.

But Australian medical advice has remained steady: wearing a face mask is not necessary if you are well.
As noted in that report, this is in line with the World Health Organisation’s advice, which states: "there is
not enough evidence for or against the use of masks for healthy individuals in the wider community."

At any rate, the thrust of my comments were primarily directed at the Federal government's past clinical
advice—proved effective by our very low coronavirus infection and death rates—that masks were unnecessary
for the wider population.  I wasn't trying to project on the future use of masks as the lock-down restrictions
are relaxed.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by SYZ - 05-14-2020, 03:01 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM