Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(05-14-2020, 02:06 AM)Alan V Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 12:44 AM)Rainy_D Wrote:
Quote:The Coronavirus pandemic is taking an especially deadly toll on state nursing homes and long-term care facilities.

Deaths from these places alone have accounted for 68.6 percent of all deaths in the state as of Tuesday, according to state data.

...Levine was asked by a reporter Tuesday about her mother being moved out of a long-term care facility, Levine said she was allowing the wishes of her 95-year-old mother to move from a personal care home to a hotel.

https://wjactv.com/news/local/critics-ar...e-too-late

I could not find the date the well connected politico moved her/his mother from nursing home to hotel.  Most people placed in 'nursing home' care are due to the inability to care for ones self.  So as the numbers came in, Penns Health Director saved her mom from perceived risk but did NOTHING to protect the other moms and dads who were at the same risk.

Are you saying the woman's elderly mother should have been prevented from making her own decisions because it wouldn't look good for the daughter?

Quote:The New York Post

The health official responsible for overseeing nursing homes in Pennsylvania — where nearly 70 percent of the state’s coronavirus-related deaths have occurred — has reportedly moved her elderly mother out of a facility as deaths skyrocketed.

Health Secretary Dr. Rachel ­Levine said Tuesday that her 95-year-old mother requested to be moved out of a personal-care home, the ABC affiliate in Harrisburg ­reported.

“My mother requested, and my sister and I as her children complied, to move her to another location during the COVID-19 outbreak,” said Levine, ­according to ABC27.

“My mother is 95 years old. She is very intelligent and more than competent to make her own decisions,” Levine added.

NOPE

Rainy_D Wrote:Deaths from these places alone have accounted for 68.6 percent of all deaths in the state as of Tuesday, according to state data.

So as the numbers came in, Penns Health Director saved her mom from perceived risk but did NOTHING to protect the other moms and dads who were at the same risk.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Rainy_D - 05-14-2020, 02:28 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM