Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(05-05-2020, 03:09 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 02:45 PM)M.Linoge Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 01:53 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Such as a felon who isn't allowed to have one, own one, be in the same house with one, be in the same car with one?

Yup. Those too.
If you can't stop yourself from shooting people in the face whenever someone insults you - or you perceive an insult -  you are bigger danger to the public than felons who are unlikely to want to add a murder charge on top of burglary/theft.
My cousins routinely take an oath to die before being deprived of their god given right to bear arms.

My condolences. I have weird cousins too.

"God-given right". Those words make my skin crawl. 

My grandfather had rifles. I went hunting with him a few times. Lovely dogs. Responsible man. I'm not opposed to hunting or defending your home. To quote Christopher Titus. "I'm not anti-gun. I'm anti-dumbass". 
Plus, the irony has never been lost on me that the reason so many criminals have guns is because we make guns easy to get, which creates a negative loop where criminals become better and better armed and civilians are supposed to do the same in an ever expanding arms-race in pursuit of safety that no one in this cycle is ever really going to reach.
My inclination towards pessimism doesn't let me see a good outcome for that.

I suppose we can take comfort in the fact that gun manufacturers are becoming very rich.
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 2 users Like M.Linoge's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by M.Linoge - 05-05-2020, 03:50 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM