Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(04-30-2020, 01:46 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Had a peek at the numbers in my county and surprised at how good (relatively speaking) they are. Only 53 people are now being treated in hospitals for Covid-19, 20 of them in intensive care units. (County population is 1.5 million.) The county has 600 hospital beds available for Covid-19 patients.

Apparently it's been southern California and nursing homes that have been hit hard. Things haven't turned out as bad (so far) as originally expected in my area.

My county is also lifting a few restrictions starting Friday. Dentists offices can reopen again for preventive services. My daughter was supposed to get braces on March 16. I got a call at 9am that day from a rushed sounding staff member stating they were canceling appointments and closing for 2 weeks and would call me back to reschedule. Then the hammer came down a few days later with the state-wide shelter in place order... and so on. I'm hoping we can get that appointment back on calendar shortly but I'm not telling my kid yet because I don't want her to get her hopes up.

-Teresa
That's good news!  I hope your daughter gets her braces soon.  

My county is doing alright as well.  We got our first confirmed case back on march 11th, cancelled school on the 17th, and the state locked down on the 23rd.  Our county is at 75 known cases, 56 recovered, no deaths.  It appears we peaked between March 27th and April 9th, and known cases have been decreasing since then, in the last week to 0 or 1 per day.

I hope we can all keep up the lower numbers, things aren't nearly as bad as they could have been.
The following 1 user Likes Aroura's post:
  • Tres Leches

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Aroura - 04-30-2020, 05:33 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM