Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(04-29-2020, 04:19 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 02:51 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 03:34 PM)Dānu Wrote: I stopped by Trader Joe's on the way to pick up a package last night.  Because of social distancing, there was a line to enter the store almost a block long.  So I skipped going in.  Since the buses run every 30 minutes, I had 30 minutes to wait at the bus stop.  It was rather nice just being outside relaxing for 30 minutes.  The odd thing though, nobody in the line waiting to get in the store was practicing social distancing.

Facepalm

I love Trader Joe's but I haven't shopped there in months. I drove to one last week with my daughter and our masks but there was a long line outside waiting to get in. All were standing 6 feet apart. My kid makes fun of my hatred of unnecessarily waiting in lines... we turned around, got back in the car and left. Standing in line for their orange chicken falls in the unnecessary category but that opinion might change in another month or two.

-Teresa

TJ's has built a loyal fanbase with affordable quality for the most part. Living in SoCal it was my favorite place to shop, for everything but meat which was very expensive. I wish we had more here. There are two in Austin but I'm not driving that length for groceries.

I hope they weather this storm well, they run a good shop.

We're finally getting one in my town, or we were before the pandemic anyway. Poetically, they were to occupy the former Hobby Lobby building.

TJ's was one of my mainstays back when I lived in AZ. I have been hoping to have them back in my life.
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by mordant - 04-29-2020, 02:33 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM