Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(04-28-2020, 10:54 PM)Dom Wrote: I am not actually talking about any politics. I am talking about the danger people live in. And it's a lot worse than numbers may convey. It's not just the big cities that are in danger. Rural areas are just - as usual - behind the times.

As I suggested earlier Dom, this is certainly not the case here in Victoria (population 6.6 million people).  
In fact it's the exact opposite over most of Australia, with rural and regional centres reporting much lower
incidences of coronavirus.  As of 28/4 there have only been 216 cases confirmed in regional Victoria, with
a population of 1.4 million people.

Quote:The reality is that it is not true at all that rural areas are safer than cities.

That may well be the case in the US, but for Australia, it's the opposite.

This is an interactive map of Victoria, with the latest available data, showing the incidence
of coronavirus across Victoria.  I live in the Wellington Shire—on the lower right-hand border.

COVID-19 Cases by Local Government Areas

The major cluster in the centre of the map is Victoria's capital city Melbourne, and its suburbs,
with a population of 5.2 million.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by SYZ - 04-28-2020, 11:41 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM