Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(04-19-2020, 03:24 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I've pulled the Atlantic article up and started to read it.   The Atlantic has great stuff. 

I think a misconception that a lot of people have regarding "flatening the curve" is that the virus is going away when it's flatter.  It's not. The timeline of how many people have the virus all at one time is being elongated and streatched out over time but I don't think people understand this. 

I also don't think Americans have the patience to wait this thing out.  We are a nation that wants what we want when we want it and we have a childish, cultish "leader" who echos this everyday.  If he doesn't get his way he pouts and stomps his feet like a 3 year old.    People wanted to go to the beach and have fun right now and that's just what they did.

"I want it all, and I want it NOW!"  Nod This "leader" is just aping the followers. My personal expectation for this disease is that it's going to get who it's going to get, bedamned any measures we take. Social distancing and flattening the curve will save the medical community is all...and that deserves saving. But those who are going to die if they get it will eventually die. Maybe in 6 months, maybe in two years' time. That's a grim reality, but I think that it's true. Be damned certain that I don't like it.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Minimalist, mordant

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Fireball - 04-19-2020, 04:04 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM