Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
Shoved to the ground, splashed with bleach or glared at on public transportation, health workers face a growing tide of hostility across Latin America for potentially spreading COVID-19

"For Sandra Aleman, a nurse in the city of San Luis Potosi in central Mexico, the attack began when a group of children sprayed juice and soda on her white uniform, shouting, “It’s Covid! Stay away from us!”

Aleman was then hit in the face by a woman who she believes was their mother, making her crumple to the ground.

“Trying to defend myself for proudly wearing my white uniform, I broke two fingers on my right hand. I can no longer do my job,
[...]
According to Mujica, neighbors of one female nurse threw bleach and water at her when she arrived home last month, saying it was so she could “disinfect.”

Mujica now recommends her nearly 18,000 members wear civilian clothes in public to avoid becoming targets.

Apart from health workers, discrimination has also affected people who acknowledge testing positive for the virus.

Television producer Rodrigo Fragoso in Mexico City said his neighbors started to splash bleach on his front door after he posted on social media that he had tested positive. They even stopped his family and friends from dropping off food and water, he said."

We truly are repugnant, primitive vermin, aren't we?
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 5 users Like Vera's post:
  • Dom, brewerb, mordant, Mark, Chas

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Vera - 04-15-2020, 06:54 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM