Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(04-09-2020, 10:31 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: ... I'm mad as hell at his blind, damned stupid followers too ...

In my case, that contingent of blind stupid followers includes my middle sister, who does all my bookkeeping and who salvaged her marriage thru brutally honest (and accurate) self examination, a fellow instructor at the aircraft maintenance school who is a spectacularly superb artist (with works sold and exhibited) and is an all round sweetheart with brains, several of my fellow colleagues in the aircraft appraisal organization, all with intellect enough to be 6 figure successes writing 50-60 page reports assessing executive jets and airliners who provide impeccable customer service to unforgiving bankers, attorneys and other difficult clients, a wealthy farmer and his wife in the Willamette Valley who are cousins and long time friends of my partner, my partner's almost pathologically shy older brother who is sweet to the point of being pure treacle, and one of my maintenance customers who owns a Navajo, was CEO of a helicopter charter operation, and just got back from a philanthropic mission (thru his church) in Africa.  I have NO idea how to (and refrain from ) discuss Trump in any coherent dialogue that doesn't instantly dissolve into a whirlpool of acrimony that puts the basis of friendship/mutual respect into peril.

It's all too easy to despise a nameless deplorable, but the problem is isn't nameless deplorables, it's US.  How do we mend THAT?
The following 4 users Like airportkid's post:
  • Deesse23, Thumpalumpacus, Dom, Aroura

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by airportkid - 04-09-2020, 11:01 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM