Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(04-04-2020, 08:58 PM)Rainy_D Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 07:25 PM)skyking Wrote: He is, and I finally did a thread cleanup by putting the bot on ignore. If enough people ignore him he will go away.

So why does this forum not attract a wider political viewpoint?

It is common for people under the influence of Groupthink to attempt to isolate themselves from outside influences.  We see this with cults all the time.

I am an atheist and I do get to be here under that condition only.

Credibility comes from having an open mind, or at least appearing to others as if you have somewhat (a little?  10%?) of an open mind.  Those on this forum that have little credibility with me are those whose political opinions are basically living breathing caricatures of political close-mindedness, you know their opinion of any event about a thousand years before it occurs, facts be damned. 

To repair your rep, describe two or three things you believe to be failings, large or small, of Trump's administration so far.  For bonus points, describe one or two failings of Republican policy or politicians.  If you can't think of any, then really no one can be blamed for thinking you're stupid, to me that's a kinder failing than being called dishonest, stupidity is something difficult to control or improve on.  But if you're not stupid and you're purposely being dishonest then you're being a troll.
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Tres Leches, Fireball

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by jerry mcmasters - 04-05-2020, 02:04 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM