Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(04-04-2020, 03:44 PM)Rainy_D Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 03:30 PM)Dānu Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 03:14 PM)Rainy_D Wrote: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cuomo-yo...d=69877209

From the same article:
Quote:The one anecdotal example the president referenced Sunday about increased mask demand at a hospital in New York City was shared with him by Ed Pesicka, the CEO of a mask production company with facilities in North Carolina, who joined Trump at the briefing Sunday. Pesicka did not, however, seem to back Trump's assumption that masks were being siphoned away from hospitals through a a "back door," as the president claimed, but rather used the anecdote as an example of the challenging uptick of demand.

Pesicka said one of the issues his company was struggling with was "the demand increase" and spoke of the hospital in New York that was requesting 200,000-300,000 masks per week, more than a ten-fold increase -- and a harbinger of demand coming down the pipeline.
[emphasis mine]

Not only are you stupid, you're a dishonest, lying cunt.
Ah, the pillowbiter has arisen from the comfort of  bed

For Morans -->  There is no reason that Both THEFT and Over Stocking requests can occur.   I would not expect a CEO of a manufacturing company to speak about the incidence of theft.  But I would expect a REAL investigative news org to understand the difference.

edit to add:
 Back into iggy

[Image: download.jpg?itok=I1VV5RQg]

The point is there's nothing backing either you or your president's moronic conspiracies and fear-mongering, douche bag.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dānu - 04-04-2020, 03:51 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM