Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(04-03-2020, 10:29 PM)Aroura Wrote: Far be it from me to be the thread police, but maybe people could post the Trump stuff in one of the many Trump threads, and stay on topic here?  I realize he's Sauron, and corrupts everything his eye touches, and of course what he says and does affects us as we live through this pandemic, but this thread has gone waaaay far afield and is now basically just a flame war...

Well said mate.  I too am getting irritated that every second thread is turning into a Trump and/or
US politics debate, with its included ad hominems  directed at other respondents' comments.

Anyway...

Younger people are experiencing severe illness and dying from COVID-19, despite perceptions that
the disease is only a threat to the elderly, the World Health Organisation has warned...  In a press
briefing broadcast from Geneva, WHO experts pointed to cases in China, South Korea, Italy and other
parts of Europe where people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s have died from the virus... what we are seeing
in some countries is that there are some people in their 30s, who are in their 40s, who are in their 50s,
who are in ICU and who have died... in Italy over the last five to six weeks at least 10 to 15 per cent
of people in intensive care have been under 50.

ABC News, Australia, 4 Apr 2020.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Alan V, Dom, Paleophyte

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by SYZ - 04-04-2020, 08:33 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM