Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(04-03-2020, 10:14 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 02:25 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:   Your description of Trump's alleged irreparable damage to the nation is shrill and overly dramatic,

Why do you not respond the same way whenever Trump is shrill and overly dramatic?

Fair question.  I don't think Trump is "shrill and overly dramatic."   He says and tweets a bunch of stupid shit.  What tends to happen is I will hear something or notice something he did that was stupid or selfish or damaging to the country in some way and I want to point it out but I find that on the forum it has already been described and analyzed in ways that seem way over the top and more cartoonish than I thought the actual offense was (sometimes nazis are involved).  So then I find it hard to just say "Fuck yeah! Except even worse!" and instead I want to question where the reality is?  Is this bar similar for other politicians?  Past administrations were worse exactly how?  And seriously, how bad do yall think this guy really is?  Impending dictatorship, really?  Many fruitless discussions have followed.  But that’s about where I am on it.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by jerry mcmasters - 04-04-2020, 12:22 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM