Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-28-2020, 07:06 PM)abaris Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 04:53 PM)brewerb Wrote: Or maybe you'd like first come, first serve?

Actually, yes. At least this would be less disturbing than saying, you're pushing 80, so let's drug you into oblivion, because you're no longer worth the bother. A real triage would be about chances for recovery, not about age. Otherwise my mother, aged 85 at that time, wouldn't have had her cataract surgery although she died the very next year.

And what's a war? You Americans are quick to call everything a war. It's fighting a pandemic that caught most of the world wrong footed and ill prepared. Some countries more than others. There's no enemy, just a virus and there's no battlefield, just doctors and nurses doing their best.

My concern in all of this is, once introduced, many of the wrong doors may stay open, long after this crisis has blown over. There's already talk about who's economically more valuable and leaving the elderly to snuff it. Who's to say, this will ever go away, once this is over? Who's to say, human life won't stay reduced to a commodity, once the dams have broken?

I didn't call it a war, many other physicians and politicians are, listen to the news. Part of triage is about saving the most people with the resources available. If this hurts your feelings, tough.

Your last paragraph is nonsense. What if, what if, what if, ....................
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by brewerb - 03-28-2020, 07:21 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM