Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I've been paralyzed by fear and grief the past week or two but that has started to dissipate a little.

An Italian friend (who currently lives in Portugal) said she never thought she would hear "Go to Italy!" said as a curse, like "Go to hell!" but here we are.

One of my BFFs manages the medical interpreting department at a large teaching hospital in our city. Yesterday she told me they have 11 positive COVID-19 patients and 2-3 more each day. A local pizza chain brought pizza to hospital staff this week but I'm guessing they would really like masks and gowns too.

I've gone out a few times in my neighborhood for walks and I've never seen so many dogs being walked by their owners. I wonder where all these dogs are in normal times.  Consider 

All schools in our county are now closed until at least May 1. But I'm happy to hear that the schools are moving to distance teaching instead of light-and-easy review and fun stuff online, which is an unacceptable replacement for school for months at a time.

Does anyone even take Donny Two-Scoops's pontifications seriously? I doubt it. I turn the tv down and skip right over news stories that mention this useless monster. Maybe his supporters see entertainment value in listening to his mutterings but whatever will they do if/ when he gets ill and snuffs it?

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 7 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • brewerb, Dom, Aroura, Fireball, skyking, Paleophyte, Deesse23

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Tres Leches - 03-27-2020, 11:50 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM