Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-26-2020, 06:11 PM)Aroura Wrote: ... but I'm now legitimately scared.  Not necessarily that me, or my family, will get it or die from it ...

I think this continues to be a problem - we're not yet getting it that WE ourselves are at risk, not just some poor unfortunate victim other than us.  It took me awhile but I finally got it.  I had to pick something up at the store a few days ago and just before punching in my PIN on the card reader woke up, stopped, looked around the counter area for something other than my finger to do the input with, found a pencil in a cup of pencils for sale and used that to punch in my PIN.  Then it wanted to know if I wanted cash back and the pencil wouldn't work on that button.  The alert clerk, wearing gloves, pushed the no cash button and the encounter was complete.  I look at every public surface now with the realization that COVID-19 may be in residence on it as a REAL possibility, not some abstract winning the lottery odds possibility, but finding a penny on the sidewalk possibility.  Until that sinks in, for all of us, the virus will continue to spread.
The following 3 users Like airportkid's post:
  • adey67, Aroura, Fireball

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by airportkid - 03-26-2020, 10:38 PM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM