Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-24-2020, 02:28 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 02:24 AM)Aroura Wrote: Oregon has now closed all retail business, gyms, barbers, theaters, etc.  Everything except pharmacies and grocery stores, banks and gas stations (and restaurants offering take-out).
Non- retail businesses can stay open if they show they are enforcing social distancing among employees.

Parks with trails remain open, but might be closed if people can't walk without practicing social distancing.  All playgrounds and playcourts and pools will close.

Apparently the parks and beaches and playgrounds were packed last weekend.  Facepalm
My family took a walk and did see a lot of kids at the playground which was frustrating.
I guess we shouldn't even take a walk now for a while.  Gotta find a way to exercise indoors with a tween that isn't boring.

If you have a dog, you can play a lot of running around with it foe exercise. I'm sure that your tween and the dog would be amused. I know how much fun it is to encourage our terrier mix to run around the back yard (though I'm an old man and don't run around with her).

We have 2 cats, no dog.

My husband suggests running up and down our stairs, and I said to him, you want to get a 12 year old to do that every day while she's cooped up indoors for a month of more without starting a war?

I said FUN.   ROFL2

I'm going to try and build a beanbag toss game for outside.  Maybe we can draw something on the pavement and do hopscotch sorts of pavement games.  Something we can do in our front or backyard. No grass, btw, we live in the high desert so it's all local landscaping, dirt, sand, shale (and pavement).
The following 2 users Like Aroura's post:
  • Bcat, Fireball

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Aroura - 03-24-2020, 02:33 AM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM