Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-23-2020, 04:23 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: A little update on my efforts to sew medical masks.  It's been impossible to find the blue non woven material that we're all familiar with. 

[Image: 3-Ply-Breathing-Medical-Face-Mask-Kids.jpg_350x350.jpg]

The main source for the blue non woven fabric is China and that ain't happening. They're using the masks for their own population. 

But there is a non woven material that is very similar to that.  It's interfacing that is sewn into garments and it comes in various weights.  I ordered four bolts of the mid weight interfacing from Overstock.    

[Image: s-l300.jpg]

The pattern calls for three layers and then it's pleated up and the ends are finished off and a flat bendable wire is inserted into a small channel in the nose area.  My problem is finding that bendable flat wire.   Some people making these have been using pipe cleaners but that doesn't sound sanitary to me.   

I'm open for suggestions.  Anyone know of a flat aluminum bendable wire,   something at the hardware store that might be usable?   I want to get started on this by Thursday and try to make as many as I can.

Ask your local ACE store. They tend to know stuff like that. I would imagine they have something for that.

And - thank you for doing this!
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dom - 03-23-2020, 05:05 PM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM