Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-20-2020, 10:44 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Hospitals are running out of medical masks and as a last resort they're asking people who sew to make as many as possible.   Since I sew professionally and have several very fast industrial machines I'll donate my time and whip a bunch out if needs be.  I have a friend who works at a hospital so I'll use him as a contact.  I don't get how they'd be sterile though.  I could wash them in bleachy water just before shipping and try to keep them as clean as possible throughout the process.  Don't know the details yet.

They'd possibly be useful for infected patients to wear, even if they aren't completely sterile.

(03-21-2020, 12:15 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Boyfriend just got back from the store and relayed that a woman was screaming in the middle of the store because there was no toilet paper left.

Saw a video online of a woman crying because there were no diapers left for her baby. I thought, Why don't you just purchase some cheap fabric and fashion some cloth diapers, geesh.

Well, depending on the age of the baby I totally agree that cloth nappies are perfectly fine. The real issue is how well they're disinfected ... not really a problem for newborns as their stools start out completely sterile, but yeah. It's the same thing in the community really - some idiot journalists have put out misleading information like "you'll probably get the virus from a healthy person"... utter rubbish if you follow good hand hygiene while in public and adhere to the social distancing guidelines.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Aractus - 03-22-2020, 01:50 AM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM