Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-20-2020, 11:03 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 10:44 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Hospitals are running out of medical masks and as a last resort they're asking people who sew to make as many as possible.   Since I sew professionally and have several very fast industrial machines I'll donate my time and whip a bunch out if needs be.  I have a friend who works at a hospital so I'll use him as a contact.  I don't get how they'd be sterile though.  I could wash them in bleachy water just before shipping and try to keep them as clean as possible throughout the process.  Don't know the details yet.

Hospitals know how to sterile. They'll do that even if you provide proof from God that you've already done it.

Oh, great!  Thanks for the info.  If I set up an assembly line situation and do some practice runs I'd bet I could make a shit load.  My Hubby is home and has nothing to do ...... Dodgy  ....  sort of, and I could have him do the cutting while I do the sewing.  I have a 12 ft cutting table and industrial electric scissors.  If I'm going super fast on the machines I have to put a needle guard attachment on to keep my fingers out of the way.  I learned this the hard way. I sewed through my index finger once time.  OUCH! 

I would love to contribute in anyway I can.   Smile
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dom, Thumpalumpacus, brewerb, Deesse23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Dancefortwo - 03-20-2020, 11:18 PM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM