Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-20-2020, 04:53 AM)Aroura Wrote: We will all have to get supplies every few weeks at least, so I think it's just take extreme precautions when you do.  My understanding is that once you get this, you are immune for sometime at least, and possibly forever (they aren't sure yet), but rumors of people getting it again have all proven to be untrue, just wild rumors.

The best working theory at this time to my understanding is that you have solid immunity for maybe a year and partial immunity after that. But as you say, no one is certain yet. It's a best guess by immunologists.

This unfortunately does not bode well for a vaccine, which supposedly is usually very difficult to protect totally from viruses with that kind of immune response pattern. I don't know why that is.

The antibody titer test will be very useful in ascertaining who has and hasn't been infected and will give us a much more accurate picture of infection rates as it will work even for people who were asymptomatic or very mild symptoms and aren't sure if it was Covid or the flu. It is still in development and validation but I hope it will be widely available in the coming months. If accurate I think it should be mandatory for everyone to be tested. We need all the data we can get.
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • Aroura

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by mordant - 03-20-2020, 12:52 PM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM