Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-17-2020, 05:18 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 05:08 PM)Aroura Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 04:45 PM)Dānu Wrote: Beats me.  I guess people want to be sick and malnourished.  Suddenly my hoarding behavior doesn't stand out anymore.

I read one message from a college student who only has a hot plate, one pot, and one pan to cook with.  They eat a lot of instant noodles with fresh veg and meat in it.  It doesn't have to be unhealthy, and some people cannot afford much better, or can't cook much more complicated.

I buy roasted diced chicken and cooked beef strips, microwave those and add them to the noodles. Same with frozen veggies. PRO-TIP: If you add frozen veggies let the whole shooting match set for five minutes. The water will thaw the veggies nicely. Your addition may affect the cooking time, it's a learning thing.

Sounds delicious!  Thumbs Up

I always have ramen around the house.  Not tons of it, but some.  Currently have about a dozen normal cheap ramen, and a dozen rice ramen cakes from CostCo.  It makes a great quick lunch.  I always have a head of broccoli and scallions in my veggie drawer, so those are the two main ingredients, but cabbage is fantastic if you have it, carrot, mushroom, corn, peas, anything really.  My husband likes it with egg.  We don't eat a lot of meat anymore, but a bit of foul or pork would be wonderful.

Ramen is a great base for healthy, easy eating.
The following 1 user Likes Aroura's post:
  • Tres Leches

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Aroura - 03-17-2020, 05:30 PM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM