Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-17-2020, 03:11 AM)Aroura Wrote: Just got a text alert.  Oregon closes all restaurants and bars except for take-away food.
I think that's like 9 states now?

I wonder how this is affecting restaurant business.  Are there still a lot of people ordering pick-up, or delivery using Door-dash and that sort of thing?
Restaurants usually operate barely in the black as it is.  This can't be good for them.

Dunno about Oregon, haven't lived there since '05, but Door-Dash and the like are freakin' hugely popular here in Co. I'm sure there has been a bunch of lobbying... "If you let us close the front of the stores and send our wait staff home, without pay, we might be able to survive this (read: rake it in thanks to lower overhead) where if we have to completely shut down, we'll go out of business." Probably fronted by the big chain crap food slingers, Applebee's, Old Chicago, Ruby Tuesday, etc... and I'm dead certain that that any store not showing a profit will be closed "for the public good." It won't surprise me at all to see the big chain restaurants come through just fine while a large number of their mom 'n' pop competitors and small local chain competitors go under.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Aroura, Thumpalumpacus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by TheGentlemanBastard - 03-17-2020, 04:48 AM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM