Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-13-2020, 04:54 PM)Aroura Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 04:50 PM)brewerb Wrote: My wife is still bent with fear and panic, she's losing sleep and occasionally weepy. We're trying to limit her exposure to the constant barrage in the media. We've cancelled all events thru April.

We've done what we need to for prep, now it's all about staying vigilant with actions when outside a safe zone. Me not touching my face is the biggest challenge.

Aw, best wishes for your wife.  I understand her emotional response.  Hugs to her.

I know, not touching the face is SOOO hard!!  I never realized before how much I touch my face.

Someone on FB shared with my wife the closing scene of something attributed by the credits to Larry David -- probably an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm -- in which some public official is at a podium admonishing people not to touch their eyes or face -- while one of the sub-officials lined up behind her is doing just that. Then the camera cuts to a close up of the speaker, who pauses and repeatedly licks her fingers so she can separate the next page of her speech.

It was a really funny riff on this very thing. Just knowing you're not supposed to touch your face makes you want to touch it. Suddenly, everything itches. Assuming you're even aware you're doing it or want to do it to begin with.
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • Aroura

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by mordant - 03-13-2020, 06:04 PM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM