Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-13-2020, 05:44 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 05:25 PM)Aroura Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 05:14 PM)adey67 Wrote: Not a bad move, apparently a doctor in Ohio is suggesting there could be as many as 100, 000 cases in that state alone but that's pretty much unconfirmed and anecdotal so I'm not sure how much truth there is in it (if any) it sounds suspiciously like just a wild claim.

Well, anything at this point is just a guess since we aren't testing. So I don't blame people for making estimate, since the reported numbers are clearly completely wrong.  There's a person here, a person there, that test positive.

So if one guy in central Oregon tests positive but they have no idea what the chain is, and then two people in the valley test positive hundreds of miles away with no travel and no contact, we KNOW there is connection somewhere, and there's a whole chain of untested but infected people in between, that are themselves then spreading it.

A lot of people could have it and have no clue.

Yes I think that's why my government has made the decision to stop contact tracing and now testing will only be performed on patients admitted to hospital to provide a differential diagnosis, it's here its going to spread all we can do is try to flatten the infection curve so our healthcare systems don't become overwhelmed and cause more deaths.

I don't think they were doing much contact tracing in the first place, but I agree, it's pointless now. 

Yeah, social distancing and good health practices are going to be the front line.  If people take this seriously and actually DO the social distancing!  

My mother is still being frustratingly stubborn and unwilling to change a single one of her habits to protect herself.  Sad
I can only hope the assisted facility in which she resides is taking plenty of precautions.
The following 1 user Likes Aroura's post:
  • adey67

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Aroura - 03-13-2020, 05:50 PM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM