Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-13-2020, 04:16 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 03:51 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 02:03 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I'm worried about restaurants shutting their doors for a few weeks or months (and then perhaps going out of business).  It's a simple indulgence I don't want to give up.

(also:  Wife came home from work today, high fever, feels like shit.  And I'm in the middle of a (non flu) nagging cold.  Great.)

Here's hoping you both are experiencing the regular seasonal shit, and avoid CV while you're under the weather. Make sure you're both eating, even if you're not that hungry, and of course stay hydrated.

Appreciate it.  Pretty sure mine is the junky stuff I get about once a year, lingers forever but never really knocks you out.  Don't know about Ms Jerry though, it was FAST onset of symptoms, which bodes bad.  Turns out we didn't have any tylinol so I just made a run to the corner for a few tablets to get the fever down she asleep and snoring now.

Best wishes from me as well. Good to hear you got her some medicine and she's resting.

I don't know how much you were joking about the strange desire to keep buying more stuff, but I really need to control myself.  I usually have a budget I'm very careful about, and we usually eat mostly perishable fresh items, but I told my husband I wanted to spend an extra 2 weeks budget this month, and he gave me the go ahead. So, I did that.  We've got plenty of shelf stable foods, medicines, and cleaners. But now all I do as I cook and do chores around the house is notice things we might need more of. Like, what about milk?  I mean, none of us drink it, but I use it in baking and cooking and my husband puts it in his coffee every day.  What if there's no milk for his freaking coffee, I'll be a terrible wife who planned badly!

Seriously though, I do have stupid anxious thoughts like this.  Not knowing if we'll be told to stay home (but suspecting we will eventually), but not knowing WHEN is driving me nuts.  What if we already have it?  Then I need to be prepared now.  What if the schools and businesses stay open for another 2 or 3 weeks because the spread is very slow?  Then I'll need to restock items just as it's hitting badly. Sadcryface

I hate the anxiety.  I really do
The following 2 users Like Aroura's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Tres Leches

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Aroura - 03-13-2020, 04:41 AM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM