Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-10-2020, 08:28 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: Please take into consideration all data that does NOT support your favourite conclusion, like the improving situation in China (for whatever reason!) for example.

Currently there are ca. 120k people infected, worldwide, with a mortality of 3.7% (4k)

You want something to be worried about?: Cancer
It has a mortality rate of 30%
Every year milions of people are dying of cancer worldwide.
1,8 mio lung cancer
900k cancer of the colon
800k stomach cancer
800k liver cancer
650k breast cancer

Europe has only 9% of the world population, but 23% of the people diagnosed with cancer.

THAT, my friend, is terrifying.

2y ago a 40y old colleague of mine died of a brain tumor. Currently another one is about to succumb to cancer of the colon, he is in his mid 50s.

You do realise that cancer is not contagious? You can not spread it to me or anyone else. You do know that right? You also know not so many people are infected today exactly because of the quarantines? If you do not close the borders, close the big events, concerts, traveling, cruises, then you DO risk more people infected and that means certain deaths for 3,7% of that ever increasing number.

People are stupid for buying whole stores and preping for the Great Flood. Quarantines are the ONLY thing that can stop this from escalating,  until some vaccine is found.

DO NOT be ignorant, please!
Live long and prosper!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Filox - 03-10-2020, 10:48 AM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM