Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-08-2020, 04:56 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The cousins have officially declared this a hoax.

I'm so relieved.

My hometown is a rural town in upstate NY. Most of my old friends there are Trump supporters (they probably don't vote but they still support him).
I saw the first posts yesterday on social media by an old friend who suspects coronavirus is conspiratorial propaganda whipped up by the media. She's suspicious of the timing of everything because people are getting their tax refunds now. So now they have money to hoard toilet paper and Spam, I guess.
Never mind that the rest of the planet doesn't have a tax refund season like we do. I wonder what she thinks other countries are using for their conspiratorial propaganda.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Deesse23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Tres Leches - 03-08-2020, 05:32 PM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM