Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(02-28-2020, 04:34 AM)Rainy_D Wrote: Quick Search:

Quote:The National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention aren’t suffering from budget cuts that never took effect.

https://apnews.com/d36d6c4de29f4d04beda3db00cb46104

So I guess this explains why Trump put Pence up to make sure information getting out there is accurate.

I've largely stopped watching the news although I've paid attention periodically to coronavirus stories. I haven't watched or read anything Donald says including about coronavirus. 

I'm not afraid but I've seen a lot of misinformation and rumors floating out there.

Keeping the government in check and questioning the government are cornerstones of a free society. If you want to breathe a sigh of relief and say "it's all fine, folks" based on statements made by partisan government representatives who have a stake in making sure people think everything is copacetic - well, that's on you, man.

ETA: Even the Chinese are questioning their government authorities concerning the coronavirus.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Aroura

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! - by Tres Leches - 02-28-2020, 03:08 PM
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM