Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza Thread

Pizza Thread
Welcome to the pizza thread! What's your favorite kind of pizza, favorite pizza restaurant, and prefered method of eating it?

[Image: il_570xN.1191164422_25xo.jpg]
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post:
  • Jenny

Pizza Thread
Oh boy, the last time I had my favorite pizza of all times was some 50 years ago in a little restaurant in Italy. It was a seafood pizza, and it was soooo good that I dream of it to this day.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • Old Man Marsh, Phaedrus, pablo

Pizza Thread
Well, I've been doing the clean eating thing so my pizza (which I'm making right now) has a kale concoction crust.  I know I know, ew, but I'm trying to be a healthy girl  Girl_yes2 Anyway, I'm putting a lot of veggies on it and nutritional yeast.  Yeah, I'm sure you're all drooling now Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Jenny's post:
  • Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
(04-30-2019, 09:00 PM)Dom Wrote: Oh boy, the last time I had my favorite pizza of all times was some 50 years ago in a little restaurant in Italy. It was a seafood pizza, and it was soooo good that I dream of it to this day.

Never had a seafood pizza, but it does sound good.
The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Dom, Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
Italians do seafood like nobody's business. Linguine alfredo with shrimp that was in the wild that morning, finest kind.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Dom, Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
I have to say this kale pizza crust is not bad.  It's not good but it's not bad.  Do you think it's possible to develop a taste for kale pizza crust  Weeping  Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Jenny's post:
  • Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
I make my own when I want it done right. Best pizza from a restaurant I've had was in Boston, thin crust, not too much sauce, great cheese.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Jenny, Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
I'm not picky. Just hold the olives.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
(04-30-2019, 11:55 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I'm not picky.  Just hold the olives.

Where's the link to my ignore list?
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Old Man Marsh, jerry mcmasters, Marozz

Pizza Thread
My favorite in college was stuffed pizza from Giordano’s in Evanston, Illinois.  Each slice probably had an entire day’s worth of calories, since there were three inches worth of sauce and toppings, and definitely a heart attack on a plate, but it was decadent and delicious.   And my metabolism was fast enough at that point that I could eat there a couple of times a month and still weigh 104 pounds...

My favorite pizza now is done by a little hole in the wall place in my town that looks like you’ve traveled back in time to about 1973.  Thin, buttery (not crispy) crust, 10” pies, perfect amount of toppings at about a quarter-inch, tomato sauce not too sweet.  The menu consists solely of a list of the available toppings for your pizza.
god, ugh
The following 1 user Likes julep's post:
  • Marozz

Pizza Thread
Freezer pizza! Big Grin

Of course, anyone who knows what I call freezer pizza knows it's not the prepackaged stuff from the grocery.

Best pizza ever? Naan, plum sauce (or sweet and sour in a pinch), just a light coat, a sprinkling of Gouda cheese, pineapple, mango, papaya, kiwi, some bacon sprinkles (not bacon bits), some very spicy (ok, absolutely flaming, melt your face hot), shredded Thai chicken, and more Gouda cheese. Nectar of the gods!
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
I'm not too picky. In three trips to NYC, I've never had a "NY slice". I've never been to Chicagoland.

I don't like mushrooms or olives. If I order from Papa Johns, I like some of their predone pizzas, but also pepperoni and pineapple or sausage and pineapple or either with onion. But I also like Stouffers french bread pizza with pepperoni.

As for condiments, I do love parmesan and/or red pepper, but I love just tons of salt and some pepper even more.

No utensils to eat it unless I see others doing so, and my aunt and uncle in Ohio loooooove eating it like that.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
(05-01-2019, 12:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 11:55 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I'm not picky.  Just hold the olives.

You could start naming things I would put on a pizza in place of little snail slivers of awful.  Pineapple.  Mushrooms.  Pencil shavings.  Spark plugs.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
(05-01-2019, 01:43 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:

You could start naming things I would put on a pizza in place of little snail slivers of awful.  Pineapple.  Mushrooms.  Pencil shavings.  Spark plugs.

Yeah, you are a Houstonian, after all.
On hiatus.

Pizza Thread

Raisins. French fries. Pickles. Crawfish. Benadryl. Okra. Poison ivy. Eye if newt. Jelly beans.
The following 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Jenny

Pizza Thread
(05-01-2019, 01:53 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 12:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Where's the link to my ignore list?

Two red-neck Texans, arguing over which is most cultured.  Truly we are in the End Times.
The following 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Jenny, TheGentlemanBastard

Pizza Thread
(05-01-2019, 02:03 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 12:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Where's the link to my ignore list?

Raisins. French fries. Pickles. Crawfish. Benadryl. Okra. Poison ivy. Eye if newt. Jelly beans.

Peanut butter.  Peeps.  Tongue of frog.  Yogurt.  Kumquats.  Chicken livers. Actual slivers of snails.
god, ugh
The following 2 users Like julep's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
I usually prefer a "supreme" pizza (supremacy may vary), without anchovies.

My favorite is a local chain called Johnny's Pizza (I worked at one for a few years). If you're a diabetic, you may want to avoid this place. The dough is rather sweet. However, the sauce is salty enough to contrast the sweetness of the crust exquisitely. It's delicious.

I eat by hand-to-mouth. I've see people use utensils, but... what's the point?

Pizza Thread
(05-01-2019, 02:05 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 01:53 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 01:43 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: You could start naming things I would put on a pizza in place of little snail slivers of awful.  Pineapple.  Mushrooms.  Pencil shavings.  Spark plugs.

Two red-neck Texans, arguing over which is most cultured.  Truly we are in the End Times.

I'll bet you put sauce on your barbecue, too.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • c172, Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
I never knew dry bbq was a texas thing. I much prefer my ribs dry (though I like a lot of sauce with my pulled pork)

*thinking a new thread is about to be made*
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
Anchovy and olive on super thin crust brushed with EVOO and either pesto or tomato and mozzarella. Smile
Amor fati.
The following 3 users Like GirlyMan's post:
  • Dom, Old Man Marsh, SYZ

Pizza Thread
Whatever pizza I have, it must have anchovies, and must not have pineapple.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • GirlyMan

Pizza Thread
I always go for the hot and spicy pizza. I’ll even add chili oil to give it an extra boost.
The following 1 user Likes Marozz's post:
  • Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
I haven't had pizza in years. Its just i prefer real pasta if i'm in an Italian restaurant. But if i were to get pizza i would prefer coal-oven pizza loaded with pepperoni and cheese. Thin crust.
The following 1 user Likes Red Belt's post:
  • Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
Pizza Hut Meat Lover's pizza with crushed red pepper. But I haven't one in decades.  Huh I love hasenpfeffer too, but same deal- decades.

And what's with that vat of sauce they give you with spare ribs, anyway? I want to taste that sweet succulent meat, not some saucy adulterant. Best ribs I ever ate were at Longhorn's on Merritt Island in Florida. Literally melt off the bone tender. Dayam. And NO sauce, thankyouverymuch. Hmm. ribs for lunch tomorrow, if I live through my carving class.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Old Man Marsh