Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign-ups for Mafia #10 - The Surveillance State

[Image: the-surveillance-state.jpg]

Premise:

Town form a surveillance state and need to communicate their results to each other.

Each town player has an investigative role chosen for them. This will be one of the following. There are no vanilla townies.
  • The Tracker learns who a player targeted, but not what action that player performed.
  • The Follower learns what action a player performed, but not who that player targeted.
  • The Watcher learns who targeted a player, but not what actions were performed on them.
  • The Voyeur learns what actions were performed on a player, but not who targeted them.
  • The Motion Detector learns if any actions were performed by or on a player, but not what they were, or who else was involved.

Yet players don't get the result sent directly to them. It gets sent to someone else. When sending in a night action, each player must specify who will get their result for that night.

Also, each day, each player will nominate someone who they can invite into their own personal chat thread for that night. This thread will get archived at the end of the night and will no longer be accessible until after the game has ended after which it will become publicly available. The password will be also be changed. Once you invite another player to your personal chat thread you won't be able to change your mind.

A player can only be invited to one night chat thread. If you invite them after someone else has already invited them then your invitation will fail and you will not be allowed to invite anyone else. I will be looking at the order in which PMs reach my inbox to see which invitations succeed or fail.

A player can not nominate someone to receive their result if they are also chatting to them that night.

Scum get their usual night chat and are allowed to copy and paste messages into scum chat from anyone else that they are chatting to in another thread. Scum chat won't be erased at the end of each night.

Scum have to decide who performs the kill every night. The one who does the night kill cannot be observed by anyone else. They are a ninja.

The scum player performing a night kill won't be able to perform an investigative action.

The scum player not performing the night kill will be able to choose one of any of the investigative actions to perform.

Players:

1. Paleophyte
2. Tartarus Sauce
3. LastPoet
4. Joods
5. TheGulegon
6. Losty
7. mlmooney89
8. vulcanlogician
9. no one
10. Aroura
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Aliza, Paleophyte, TheGulegon

Sounds fun. I'm in!
The following 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post:
  • Mathilda

The Tartyliza Symbiote signs up! It's @Tartarus Sauce's turn, so expect him to be the player this time. If he cannot play, I will play in his place.
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Mathilda, Paleophyte

Fuck yeah, role madness! Sign my ass up!
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post:
  • Mathilda, Joods, Paleophyte

I am here.
The following 2 users Like LastPoet's post:
  • Mathilda, Paleophyte

Oh I am so in this.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 3 users Like Joods's post:
  • Aliza, Mathilda, Paleophyte

Where all duh playuhs at?

(03-22-2019, 12:36 PM)TheGulegon Wrote: Where all duh playuhs at?

Where are you?
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Joods

(03-22-2019, 12:52 PM)Aliza Wrote:

Where are you?

In Mathilda's waiting room.

(03-22-2019, 06:55 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 12:52 PM)Aliza Wrote:

Where are you?

In Mathilda's waiting room.

So you're signing up? Awesome! I'm going to kick the snot out of you vicariously through Tartarus!

I am not getting the symbiote thing. I assume they can't play together because they are a thing?
The following 1 user Likes LastPoet's post:
  • Tartarus Sauce

(03-22-2019, 07:34 PM)LastPoet Wrote: I am not getting the symbiote thing. I assume they can't play together because they are a thing?

We don't play together because we're very close off the forum and we don't want to engage together in a game that calls on lying, trickery, and deception. One of the other of us will play.  Nod
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Tartarus Sauce, Joods, Jenny

Seriously people need to sign up. It's been five days already. C'mon!
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 1 user Likes Joods's post:
  • Paleophyte

Why are sign-ups still stalled? I wanna play! Aggravated 

I think we may need a mafia recruitment drive.
The following 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post:
  • Joods

(03-26-2019, 06:46 PM)Paleophyte Wrote: Why are sign-ups still stalled? I wanna play! Aggravated 

I think we may need a mafia recruitment drive.

I wanna watch!

I said I'd join if you needed a final player, but this does seem a bit ridonkulous an amount of waiting.

Go ahead and put my name on yo list, Tildie!
The following 3 users Like TheGulegon's post:
  • Aliza, Mathilda, Joods

Maybe we should run a simple game for new players who want to learn how to play?
The following 2 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Aliza, Paleophyte

(03-26-2019, 09:59 PM)Mathilda Wrote: Maybe we should run a simple game for new players who want to learn how to play?

If that is actually something that would draw in players, then cool, but Idk if'n it is.
I'd prefer this set-up, personally! Thumbs Up
Regardless what kind of game this one ends up being, I'd like to play one with the advanced settings you've detailed in the OP. Vinsent
The following 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post:
  • Mathilda

(03-26-2019, 09:59 PM)Mathilda Wrote: Maybe we should run a simple game for new players who want to learn how to play?

Seems to me like our locals just aren't logging in to notice the signups. Undecided

If we can find people who'd be interested in learning that might be an option. I'm not sure what to do otherwise beyond pestering the regulars.

(03-22-2019, 07:44 PM)Aliza Wrote: We don't play together because we're very close off the forum and we don't want to engage together in a game that calls on lying, trickery, and deception. One of the other of us will play.  Nod

Well, Aoi Magi is trying to get a roster for her game over at AF. If Tarty is playing this one, you could play over there. I can play both.
The following 1 user Likes LastPoet's post:
  • Mathilda

(03-27-2019, 12:42 PM)LastPoet Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 07:44 PM)Aliza Wrote: We don't play together because we're very close off the forum and we don't want to engage together in a game that calls on lying, trickery, and deception. One of the other of us will play.  Nod

Well, Aoi Magi is trying to get a roster for her game over at AF. If Tarty is playing this one, you could play over there. I can play both.

I've signed up for a game over there. I do worry that playing games back to back on the same forum means that eventually people lose interest and it becomes difficult to get new games off the ground.

I'll play over there! Thanks for the lead.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Mathilda

(03-27-2019, 12:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:

I've signed up for a game over there. I do worry that playing games back to back on the same forum means that eventually people lose interest and it becomes difficult to get new games off the ground.

I think the best thing to do is actually to strike while the iron is hot. Get people excited, get them motivated, and start thinking about the next game while the post-game party is still going on. It might actually be good to bounce from AF to AD because our little gaming community gains more exposure. It also provides a break for those of us who aren't willing to bounce from one forum to the next.

(03-27-2019, 01:48 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 12:54 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 12:42 PM)LastPoet Wrote: Well, Aoi Magi is trying to get a roster for her game over at AF. If Tarty is playing this one, you could play over there. I can play both.

I think the best thing to do is actually to strike while the iron is hot. Get people excited, get them motivated, and start thinking about the next game while the post-game party is still going on. It might actually be good to bounce from AF to AD because our little gaming community gains more exposure. It also provides a break for those of us who aren't willing to bounce from one forum to the next.

And it provides an outlet for me to play a game while Tartarus takes a turn.

He still refuses to play a game with me!  Weeping