Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Home Elevator

Home Elevator
Here's the style of Automatic Mahjong Table I purchased. My family and I play according to Hong Kong rules:

“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dānu, skyking

Home Elevator
Some elevator technicians will be here later today to perform semi-annual inspections and maintenance on my elevator. A safety certificate will be posted next to the control panel.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Cavebear

Home Elevator
I took two bags of trash down to the cellar yesterday, then did a batch of laundry. I don't know what I'd do without my home elevator.  Thumbs Up

Home Elevator
This happened a couple of days ago. I brought my groceries up to the kitchen via my home elevator, but forgot a bag of grinder rolls. I found them this morning. The elevator cab smelled like fresh bread for several hours.  Smile
The following 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dānu, Dom, Deesse23, Joods

Home Elevator
The dog days of summer are about three weeks away. I went up to the attic yesterday and installed the ventilator fans.  Sun
  • Cavebear, Deesse23

Home Elevator
(06-12-2023, 10:39 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: The dog days of summer are about three weeks away. I went up to the attic yesterday and installed the ventilator fans.  Sun

Are they through-attic or sucking out air through the living quarters?
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Home Elevator
I went up to the attic to get something this morning. I looked out the window at the front of the house and saw my Great Horned Owl perched in the big pine tree in my front yard. The window is level with the branch where the owl is resting and about 25 yards away. What a magnificent bird!  Smile
The following 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Cavebear, Dom, pattylt

Home Elevator
My carpenter was doing a bit of repair work in the attic yesterday. He "had" to ride the elevator four or five times. I think he thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  Whistling

Home Elevator
I'm having an emergency electric generator installed. A couple of technicians came here today for a site evaluation. One of them rode my elevator from the cellar to the main floor. He was fascinated by the device and had never seen a pneumatic elevator before.  Smile
  • Dom

Home Elevator
The weather has turned much cooler here as summer winds down. I went up to the attic a couple of days ago and turned off the ventilator fans. I haven't needed them since then. It won't be long before I close the attic for the season and remove the air conditioners from the windows. I'll soon be making arrangements to have my snow throwers serviced.

Home Elevator
I did a batch of laundry yesterday. My kitty slipped unnoticed into the elevator while I was maneuvering the laundry bag into the cab. I was surprised when she dashed out into the cellar at the end of the ride. This is the first time she's ridden the elevator of her own volition without being scared of it.  Thumbs Up

Home Elevator
My brother has visited me a few times over the past two months. In each case, he could have come into the house via the back door, but he prefers to come in through the cellar and then up the elevator. It's like an amusement park ride to him.  Chuckle
  • Cavebear, skyking

Home Elevator
(02-11-2024, 04:03 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: My brother has visited me a few times over the past two months. In each case, he could have come into the house via the back door, but he prefers to come in through the cellar and then up the elevator. It's like an amusement park ride to him.  Chuckle

I get that. Sometimes when I am hauling bags of groceries up the stairs, I think of where a "lift" could be. And I think of myself not handling stairs well in enough years from now. Ah, the term escaped me at first, but I was thinking "dumbwaiter". And wouldn't ya know, there is actually a site for that.

https://www.dumbwaiters.com/residential-dumbwaiters

Waddling up the stairs with heavy bags in hand and cats underfoot is getting to be inconvenient. It will be less convenient soon.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Gwaithmir, skyking

Home Elevator
My houseboy is off to Florida for a month's vacation. I hired an unemployed woman from the village to take his place until he returns. One of her first chores was to bring my groceries up from the cellar. She'd never seen a pneumatic elevator before and was quite thrilled by the experience.  Smile
  • skyking

Home Elevator
A technician was here yesterday to inspect my home elevator and perform whatever maintenance was needed. It's now good for another six months' service.  Smile
  • pattylt

[-]
Quick Reply