Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter change game

Letter change game
I'm going to start an old forum game I played before. You start with a word, and you change one letter in it, by either adding a letter, removing a letter, or replacing a letter. You can rearrange the letters as you want. Don't use proper nouns.

Examples:
You could go from tree to there by adding an 'h'.

You could go from tree to reek by swapping a 't' for a 'k'.

You could go from tree to tee by removing an 'r'.

To start:

word

ward

o -> a

Letter change game
war
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Letter change game
warp

Letter change game
tarp
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

Letter change game
strap
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Letter change game
traps

Letter change game
trays
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Letter change game
Starry
god, ugh

Letter change game
Arrays

Letter change game
radars

y -> d

Letter change game
arrays

d -> y

Then

starry

a -> t
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

Letter change game
oops
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

Letter change game
Doop!
Is this sig thing on?

Letter change game
drop

Letter change game
rope
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

Letter change game
radar
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Letter change game
I think some things have gotten a bit mixed up
The following 2 users Like Emma's post:
  • Vera, Losty

Letter change game
(02-12-2019, 08:07 PM)Emma Wrote: I think some things have gotten a bit mixed up

Me too Blush

Letter change game
Yes, indeed. The last valid play I see before this mess was Robby with 'radars'. I suggest we pick it up from there.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Mark

Letter change game
Awards

Letter change game
Aren't we supposed to change only one letter? Remove, add, or change it to another? Am I missing something?
The following 3 users Like Vera's post:
  • Dom, Chas, SYZ

Letter change game
Maybe some think they are in the word association thread.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Letter change game
(02-12-2019, 10:40 PM)Nipper Wrote: Awards

Like this:

Swards
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Letter change game
Aren't we supposed to change only one letter? Remove, add, or change it to another? Am I dissing something?

Letter change game
(02-12-2019, 10:45 PM)Vera Wrote: Aren't we supposed to change only one letter? Remove, add, or change it to another? Am I missing something?

Um, that was only one letter.... I think.

radars -> awards

r -> w

Vivekananda