Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello

Hello
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Vincent my friends call me nipper, I prefer nipper to Vincent. If you want to call me Vincent that's fine but please not Vince, it reminds me of mince.

Anyway, I'm fine with mince I'm not a vegetarian or anything. I quite like vegetarian food though like Lettuce and Sprouts. I'm not keen on Celery.

I'm unconvinced that a God exists by the way. I looked for him for a long time, I even checked under the stairs but never found him. That doesn't mean that I don't go under my stairs very often, because I do. I find lots of things that go missing under there for some reason.

I used to live in a bungalow. I moved.
The following 6 users Like Nipper's post:
  • Aliza, Emma, abaris, Astreja, Alan V, Unsapien

Hello
Welcome Nipper!

Hello
Welcome Nipper!
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

Hello
That's what I said.
The following 2 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Joods, Aliza

Hello
LOL Yeah, I know. I didn't know what else to say and what you said seemed really good.

I rolled with it. Big Grin
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 1 user Likes Joods's post:
  • Mathilda

Hello
At least you didn't say welcome Vincent. I never forgave my parents for calling me that. 

What I should have done when I signed up here was pretended my name was Mike or Kevin or something. Oh well too late now.

Thankyou both for the welcome.

Do you like Celery by any chance?
The following 1 user Likes Nipper's post:
  • Joods

Hello
I could take it or leave it.
      Christianity: 

Hello
(02-06-2019, 12:03 PM)Nipper Wrote: Do you like Celery by any chance?

Only when worn as a decorative vegetable.
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • Fireball

Hello
I guess it is safe to assume that you aren't a fan of Don McLean

The following 2 users Like unfogged's post:
  • julep, Smercury44

Hello
(02-06-2019, 12:11 PM)unfogged Wrote: I guess it is safe to assume that you aren't a fan of Don McLean
I like that song . I never knew that song was about Van Gogh but I do now. I didn't much like his paintings, I wouldn't buy one.
  • Smercury44

Hello
Welcome aboard!

Hello
Welcome!! Very nice to meet you Big Grin
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”

Hello
Welcome Woof.

I can think of quite a few notable Vincent's (Vinnie's). How'd you end up with Nipper?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Hello
(02-06-2019, 01:36 PM)brewerb Wrote: Welcome Woof.

I can think of quite a few notable Vincent's (Vinnie's). How'd you end up with Nipper?

I was one of 10 children, the youngest. I was small as a child, smaller than all the other boys at school, I got the nickname nipper from my older brother. My older brother went on to be a big success in his life, he's got a flat screen tv.

Hello
Welcome
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

Hello
Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join us.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Hello
Welcome!

Hello
Hey there, nipper! Welcome! How did you find us?
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Hello
Welcome!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Hello
G'day mate, and welcome to the forum.     Sun
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Hello
(02-06-2019, 11:47 AM)Nipper Wrote: Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Vincent my friends call me nipper, I prefer nipper to Vincent. If you want to call me Vincent that's fine but please not Vince, it reminds me of mince.

Anyway, I'm fine with mince I'm not a vegetarian or anything. I quite like vegetarian food though like Lettuce and Sprouts. I'm not keen on Celery.

I'm unconvinced that a God exists by the way. I looked for him for a long time, I even checked under the stairs but never found him. That doesn't mean that I don't go under my stairs very often, because I do. I find lots of things that go missing under there for some reason.

I used to live in a bungalow. I moved.

Welcome, Nipper! I love your intro. It's just the right amount of details to leave me asking questions, and amused at the tangents. My brain follows tangents more often than I'd like. Especially in important conversations. My mind tends to want easy distractions- and it can be anything. From a random thought about a video game, to a phrase that was used in conversation, to a pronunciation, to a word that catches my ear as sounding strange- then my mind will want to wander and say that word in every different pronunciation I can think of.

Anyway- how did the nickname "Nipper" come about?

Hello
(02-06-2019, 04:53 PM)Aliza Wrote: Hey there, nipper! Welcome! How did you find us?
Hi, I was randomly looking for a discussion forum. I needed to take my mind off the duck incident earlier in the day. I opened my curtains and there it was, just looking at me. I tried to ignore it but it looked hungry, I decided that I needed to feed it so I got a slice of bread and threw it through the window.
The duck just looked at it and then walked off. I thought to myself how ungrateful. I salvaged the slice of bread, it had a small mud stain on it but it toasted nicely.
If it comes back tomorrow I'm closing my curtains.
The following 2 users Like Nipper's post:
  • Unsapien, EvieTheAvocado

Hello
(02-06-2019, 05:50 PM)Emma Wrote: Welcome, Nipper! I love your intro. It's just the right amount of details to leave me asking questions, and amused at the tangents. My brain follows tangents more often than I'd like. Especially in important conversations. My mind tends to want easy distractions- and it can be anything. From a random thought about a video game, to a phrase that was used in conversation, to a pronunciation, to a word that catches my ear as sounding strange- then my mind will want to wander and say that word in every different pronunciation I can think of.

Anyway- how did the nickname "Nipper" come about?
I was small when I was a child. My brother gave me the name. I don't think he liked me very much.
  • EvieTheAvocado

Hello
Hello & welcome  Smile 

Nice intro thread, it's got a hint of that "Dirk Gently" feel to it, and I like Douglas Adam's books.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

Hello
(02-06-2019, 08:59 PM)Unsapien Wrote: Hello & welcome  Smile 

Nice intro thread, it's got a hint of that "Dirk Gently" feel to it, and I like Douglas Adam's books.

Thankyou. I googled Dirk Gently because I have never heard of him. Everyone seems nice and friendly here and have made me feel welcome.
I'm reminded of being with the old ladies at bingo, they're friendly too.
  • EvieTheAvocado