Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else not observing the Super Bowl holiday?

(02-03-2019, 11:49 PM)Marozz Wrote: It’s live on the BBC. I have it on the background. I don’t know the rules of the game so I’m not sure what’s going on. It seems some guy throws the ball and then they all stop to have a group huddle cuddle.

FTFY.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Fireball, Marozz

Well lunch was fantastic.  Best fish taco I've had in northern California.  Some plantains on the side and a bowl of pazole soup.  (Saved most of that for later.)

Lia has picked out a new movie on WW1 for us to see so will be leaving in about an hour or so.  

Earlier today Lia and I took the dogs to the big dog park on the bay.  Had to give up on a run over to that SF beach we like so much because of the rain to come.  On the way home we stopped at a plant nursery and got a cup of coffee and I found three plants I could give a new home to: two little Monardella macrantha which is hard to find and tricky to grow.  I've grown it before and I'll post a photo if I can find it.  The other is tree fern formally known as Cyathia cooperii.  All three are in the ground plus I pruned out all the old growth on the Mexican Salvia beside the front stoop. (Sorry hummingbirds but it needed doing.)

Found it.  From 2014.  A wonderful, low growing California native with bright red tubular flowers that seem too big to belong to such a little thing.

[Image: 14375005432_e7b00df0d6_b.jpg]

That year I found it in a six pack for like $5.  This year I bought two 4 inchers for $10/each.  That really was an amazing deal back then.  You rarely find them at all.  Here is one showing it along a raised bed out in the front border.

Show ContentSpoiler:
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • skyking, Vera

(02-04-2019, 12:36 AM)c172 Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 12:02 AM)julep Wrote: I’m done with the game, since i brought bad luck to the pats in quarter one.

They are ahead, though, 3-nil.

They should stay ahead as long as I keep out of the tv room...

Uh oh, there’s a tie.  I have to go on a walk by the tv to shift the cosmos in the pats direction.
god, ugh

Cosmos shifted. Pats 13-3 Rams FT.
Is this sig thing on?

(02-04-2019, 03:11 AM)c172 Wrote: Cosmos shifted. Pats 13-3 Rams FT.

Game, set, and match.  Or something.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Has there been a winner yet? I know I could google it, but then it'll make advertisers think I like sports and then I'll get all those ads.

Well that sucked, even in fast forward.

Did like the Manning/Malkovich thing.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

It's over.
Is this sig thing on?

(02-04-2019, 03:26 AM)Aliza Wrote: Has there been a winner yet? I know I could google it, but then it'll make advertisers think I like sports and then I'll get all those ads.

I guess my post two before you was a bit cryptic. Pats win, 13-3. Lowest SB score ever. Thought it might be lower for a while.
Is this sig thing on?

(02-04-2019, 03:31 AM)c172 Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 03:26 AM)Aliza Wrote: Has there been a winner yet? I know I could google it, but then it'll make advertisers think I like sports and then I'll get all those ads.

I guess my post two before you was a bit cryptic. Pats win, 13-3. Lowest SB score ever. Thought it might be lower for a while.

Other people probably got it.  girl blushing 

Thx.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • c172

Never been "into" football.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Aliza

Adblock Plus: Never deal with those nuisances again! Big Grin
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Aliza, Minimalist

A couple of residents at work asked me who had won. I don't watch football, obviously (which I told them), but I looked up the answer on my phone. New England Patriots. No idea who they are, but they won.

I must admit that I've not once observed the Super Bowl holiday. My bad.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Phaedrus

Uh, no. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Such a relief. Too many people on AF.org were obsessed with sports.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • SYZ

So it was the Patriots again. Guess that quarterback of theirs, whatshisname, will be made a sports god now. I guess that is the point of sports. Nothing wrong with that. I guess we require some distractions to make it through the eternity of our mortality.

I've made friends with my new new book. A novel. *sighs happily*
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Alan V

(02-04-2019, 03:50 PM)Mark Wrote: Guess that quarterback of theirs, whatshisname, will be made a sports god now. 

According to his fans, Tom Brady is the GOAT (greatest of all time).   hobo
The following 1 user Likes Alan V's post:
  • Mark