Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you currently watching on YouTube?

A performance of 16th Century Venetian Lute Music.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Is this sig thing on?

Isaac Arthur

Dude has a weird voice but he makes highly informative videos about many science fiction concepts.

Fraser Cain, who makes highly informative videos about space.

And The World Science Festival. Yup. that's a thing.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra

(02-03-2019, 11:15 PM)c172 Wrote: https:/ /www.youtube.com/watch?v=983wo2bkmic

Uh... with all due respect, can I ask you specifically why you watch this guy and his
strange group of mates rambling on about nothing in particular?  Is he maybe some
well-known social commentator in the US or a personal friend of yours?  I really
couldn't get anything out of it.

Huh
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra

This never happened. I was never here.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

The following 1 user Likes Unsapien's post:
  • M.Linoge

Oates Studios also does short films that are Big movie quality like this one:

This is some pretty gruesome, but amazing Si-Fi stuff, viewer discretion is advised.

...but it's awesome...

[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

(02-04-2019, 03:35 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 11:15 PM)c172 Wrote: https:/ /www.youtube.com/watch?v=983wo2bkmic

Uh... with all due respect, can I ask you specifically why you watch this guy and his
strange group of mates rambling on about nothing in particular?  Is he maybe some
well-known social commentator in the US or a personal friend of yours?  I really
couldn't get anything out of it.

Huh

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks and all that, I know. Tbh, I'm not even sure what I was searching for on YouTube the day I found this YouTube account. But he's an ex-con in southeast Virginia, and his channel has stories about life in prison, both lighthearted and not, and also documents his attempts to help some of his ex-con friends stay out of prison and build better lives. He's pretty rough around the edges, but I have to respect his attempt to move his ship forward.
Is this sig thing on?

- A. Ra

Is this sig thing on?

- A. Ra

- A. Ra

Cry

Is this sig thing on?

My all-time favorite YouTube video.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • M.Linoge

- A. Ra

I've always had a very strong interest in meteorology...

I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • M.Linoge, Dānu

(02-07-2019, 05:59 PM)SYZ Wrote: I've always had a very strong interest in meteorology...

Chuckle
 - A. Ra
The following 1 user Likes M.Linoge's post:
  • SYZ

- A. Ra
The following 1 user Likes M.Linoge's post:
  • pocaracas

Here I am, making a public service... Tongue

The place where I work is mentioned in that video Wink
The following 2 users Like pocaracas's post:
  • M.Linoge, KittyAnn

Is this sig thing on?
The following 4 users Like c172's post:
  • M.Linoge, pocaracas, SYZ, KittyAnn

(02-02-2019, 03:40 PM)Dānu Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 03:04 PM)M.Linoge Wrote:

[Image: rofl2.gi]

LOL amongst all the incoherent rambling the only coherent point he made was that although he enjoys being president even he isn't sure that he should be president Chuckle

Lol........ when even Trump, the ultimate narcissist, starts doubting his own competence .... I mean ... is this the sign of end times? Lol.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • M.Linoge

- A. Ra
The following 2 users Like M.Linoge's post:
  • pocaracas, KittyAnn