Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mafia Game #2 - Simple Vanilla but with doc / cop icing!

Rules:
  • There are 2 phases, day and night. They last 24 hours each. Phase changes at (or after) 10pm GMT.
  • During the day phase, vote for whomever you wish to see lynched. Or vote for no lynch to occur. Abstentions are ignored.
  • Votes must be posted in thread using the tags (e.g. [ vote ] : Mathilda [ / vote ] or [ unvote ]).
  • If you change your mind then make a new post. No editing of posts is allowed.
  • The player with the most lynch votes at the end of the day will be lynched.
  • In the event of an equal highest number of votes then no one will be lynched. So make sure that there is a majority for a single person for a lynch to occur.
  • If you have a night action then send them to me by personal message.
  • The game is gagged, therefore town are not allowed to communicate with each other outside of the thread. Mafia are free to communicate with each other during the night only and NOT DURING THE DAY. Mafia can communicate on night zero.
  • The thread will be closed at night.
  • Do not copy and paste or forward anything from a PM sent to you by me. No screen-grabs of any kind.
  • Once you are dead you may not influence the game in any way.
  • Do not like a post if you are dead or put game information in your signature.
  • If you die but your team wins then you also win.
  • If there is one Mafia and one Townie left then Mafia win.
  • There will be a ratio of 1 scum for every 3 townies (that makes 1 scum for every 4 players). Because there are 9 players in this game there will be 2 scum.
  • Roles shall be randomly assigned using random.org
  • I shall posting in TOFFEE APPLE CARAMEL.

Sample Role PMs:

Vanilla Townie
Show ContentSpoiler:

Cop
Show ContentSpoiler:

Doctor
Show ContentSpoiler:

Mafia Goon

Show ContentSpoiler:

Meat shields:

1. Joods
2. Evie
3. Aroura
4. Tartyliza symbiot.
5. Schrodinger's outlaw
6. Paleophyte
7. The Gulegon
8. mlmooney89
9. Arden Portis

Town win
The following 7 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Aliza, Joods, Arden Portis, Paleophyte, Aroura, Tartarus Sauce

Let the games commence!
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Joods, Aroura

FIRST!
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post:
  • Mathilda, Aliza, EvieTheAvocado

Back amongst peppy buggers like you lot again. Fine, this game needs a theme song.

On the first day of Mafia my true love gave to me some WIFOM in a logic tree.
The following 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Tradition is real (plus we need a random lynch to start off with, and Tarty is as good as any).

Vote Tarty

DEATH TO TARTY! (or someone else if we decide to lynch someone else).
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Tartarus Sauce

Any excuse for a wagon. And here I thought my singing would do the trick.

Vote Tartarus Sauce
  • EvieTheAvocado

(12-18-2018, 10:06 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Tradition is real (plus we need a random lynch to start off with, and Tarty is as good as any).

Vote Tarty

A savage roar emanates from the bellows of the earth as the shrieks of the condemned echo into the air, joined in furious unison from the depths of Hades and melding into one cacophonous voice, to curse the wretched one, chanting:

DEATH TO TARTARUS SAUCE!
DEATH TO TARTARUS SAUCE!
DEATH TO TARTARUS SAUCE!
DEATH TO TARTARUS SAUCE!
DEATH TO TARTARUS SAUCE!
The following 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(12-18-2018, 10:12 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 10:06 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Tradition is real (plus we need a random lynch to start off with, and Tarty is as good as any).

Vote Tarty

A savage roar emanates from the bellows of the earth as the shrieks of the condemned echo into the air, joined in furious unison from the depths of Hades and melding into one cacophonous voice, to curse the wretched one, chanting:

DEATH TO TARTARUS SAUCE!
DEATH TO TARTARUS SAUCE!
DEATH TO TARTARUS SAUCE!
DEATH TO TARTARUS SAUCE!
DEATH TO TARTARUS SAUCE!

My singing is way worse than that. World famous in fact. Mentioned in the Geneva Conventions.
  • EvieTheAvocado

(12-18-2018, 10:09 PM)Paleophyte Wrote: Any excuse for a wagon. And here I thought my singing would do the trick.

Vote Tartarus Sauce

[Image: h5CA832FA]
  • EvieTheAvocado

[lynch]Tartarus Sauce[/lynch]

Vote Tartarus Sauce

Always good to have a choice between wagons.

Vote Evie
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

(12-18-2018, 10:22 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: Vote Tartarus Sauce

Why exactly?
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

(12-18-2018, 10:23 PM)Joods Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 10:22 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: Vote Tartarus Sauce

Why exactly?

Because it's tradition. 

Unfortunately, I've been expressly forbidden by the other half of the Tartyliza Symbiot from joining in on a day one lynch wagon upon myself, which removes much of the fun.
  • EvieTheAvocado

because somebody gotta go first
The following 1 user Likes Schrodinger's Outlaw's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Ya but if the same person goes first all the time, they will never get to play. Having two wagons to choose from makes it more fun.
      Christianity: 
The following 1 user Likes Joods's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Well, I hate the idea of random lynching, but it's a necessary evil I suppose.
Gotta start somewhere.

I'm sorry, Tarty.  Sad

Vote's not set in stone (at least I don't think), so there's that.

Lynch Tartyliza symbiot
The following 1 user Likes Arden Portis's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(12-18-2018, 10:23 PM)Joods Wrote: Always good to have a choice between wagons.

Vote Evie

For what it's worth, Evie is a solid alternative pick. We'll have to decide early on whether we want to expend the energy reading the gargantuan text output he's bound to generate throughout the game. People weren't willing to do that the first game and it was just easier to assume he was town, which ended up being a mistake.

(12-18-2018, 10:31 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:

Vote Evie

For what it's worth, Evie is a solid alternative pick. We'll have to decide early on whether we want to expend the energy reading the gargantuan text output he's bound to generate throughout the game. People weren't willing to do that the first game and it was just easier to assume he was town, which ended up being a mistake.

Ya. Those giant text walls are tough to get through even though he promised he wouldn't do that anymore Dodgy
      Christianity: 

(12-18-2018, 10:29 PM)Joods Wrote: Ya but if the same person goes first all the time, they will never get to play. Having two wagons to choose from makes it more fun.

Was he/she the first to be lynched last game? 
Because if that's the case I'll vote someone else.

I wouldn't want be the first thrown off island, consecutive times. That would SUCK. 
Probably would make me lose interest in playing.

(12-18-2018, 10:34 PM)Arden Portis Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 10:29 PM)Joods Wrote: Ya but if the same person goes first all the time, they will never get to play. Having two wagons to choose from makes it more fun.

I wouldn't want be the first thrown off island, consecutive times. That would SUCK. 

I didn't play the last game, it's been a couple of years since I've done mafia. 

I don't actually get lynched first every time. 

I am a he.

(12-18-2018, 10:34 PM)Arden Portis Wrote:

Tarty didn't play last game because his co-hort did. Even so - tradition or not, I don't see how lynching the same person first, every time they play is even fair.
      Christianity: 

(12-18-2018, 10:32 PM)Joods Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 10:31 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:

Vote Evie

Ya. Those giant text walls are tough to get through even though he promised he wouldn't do that anymore Dodgy

... I'm less likely to keep promises when I roll scum.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

It isn't about necessarily lynching Tarty first, it's about starting a wagon somewhere so we can look at voting patterns.

And since we have 4 now...

@Arden Portis You didn't hop on Tary's wagon until late and seem very reluctant to vote for him. It isn't as if the first wagon counts for much. Please explain.

Unvote

Vote Arden
  • EvieTheAvocado

(12-18-2018, 10:39 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 10:32 PM)Joods Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 10:31 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote: For what it's worth, Evie is a solid alternative pick. We'll have to decide early on whether we want to expend the energy reading the gargantuan text output he's bound to generate throughout the game. People weren't willing to do that the first game and it was just easier to assume he was town, which ended up being a mistake.

... I'm less likely to keep promises when I roll scum.

I'm gonna call bs on that one, love. You get very talkative no matter what your alignment. I know your tells. I won't give them away here, but let's just say that when we play in games together, you're at a slight disadvantage.
      Christianity: